Web design firms are some of the more prolific services businesses. Every business needs a presence online or they are missing out on potential revenue and client acquisition opportunities. In Bucks County and Doylestown there is no shortage of Website design firms. But not all are created equal.
Some firms use custom content management systems, CMS for short, that are proprietary to their firm. Others, like us, use industry standard and open source CMS systems (ie. WordPress)
Even if the firm uses an industry standard CMS, the quality of the product and service offered can differ greatly.
Because of the large community and amazing support we use the WordPress CMS. WordPress now powers approximately 30% of the Websites on the Internet.
There is a clear advantage to using WordPress to manage your Web site. It is easily maintained and most developer and designers know how to work with it.
For more than 10 years, Goldstein Media has been serving the Doylestown, Bucks County, and Philadelphia metro area. We’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to designers and developers and the sites they build.
Here are some things to look for when going with a Web design firm:
- They should up on the latest developments in Web design.
- They should have experience maintaining the type of site you are looking to build.
- They should know the right way to host your site. It’s not as simple as just hosting your site on a basic Web server and calling it a day.
- They should offer a monthly maintenance plan to keep your site up-to-date and secure.
- They should be willing to help you update your site even it’s a relatively easy content management system for the end-user to operate.
- Their own site should reflect their quality of workmanship.
- If they are building in WordPress they should know what a child theme is.
- We design and development shouldn’t just be an ancillary product that the company just so happens to do. It should be a core competency.
Not all Website design firms are equal. Hopefully these tips have been helpful.
Interested in learning more about how Goldstein Media can help you not online get online but found, contact us today!