- You don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Facebook should not be the only place where your business has an online presence. It is a rented space and you can be evicted at anytime with no explanation.
- It would be nice if Facebook would provide a reason for why they take down pages, especially popular, high-profile pages, but they don’t have to. It’s their playground, we’re just visiting and borrowing space.
- When you don’t pay for as service, YOU’RE THE PRODUCT. Get used to it. It’s not going to change.
- When setting up a presence on any service always be aware of the rules and do your best to not break them.
In case you’re still not sure what the best way to get exposure online is, here are some quick tips that we tell our clients all the time:
- Build a Website.
- Start a blog.
- Syndicate/share your content on these rented properties and link back to your blog.
- Always retain a copy of your content on a platform (ie. Website) that you own and control.
It’s really not a hard concept. And I know many of you are nodding your head in agreement. Being online can be a daunting task But with the right help and the right plan of attack, it doesn’t have to be impossible. It can actually be fun and rewarding. Just do it right.
What do you think? Am I off base? Let me know in the comments below.
Image Credit: geralt on Pixabay
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Mondays As An Entrepreneur - May 14, 2018
- Business Growing and All That Goes With That. - March 18, 2018
- What to look for in a Website Design and Development Firm - March 13, 2018