MarketingLand.com recently wrote about Facebook’s New Local Search “Test.” Apparently, Facebook is taking on Yelp and Zagat. The site is still in testing and is not in the Facebook app, but is on the mobile Web version.
This is not the first time Facebook has tried to throw its weight around and take over a category (ie. Facebook Places trying to oust Foursquare). So far they haven’t unseated the incumbent, but are still a service to be aware of in that category.
With the launch of Facebook’s new local search, companies need to make sure they don’t ignore their Facebook pages.
Here are some tips:
- Get your customers to write reviews on your page about your services
- Make sure you contact info is correct and you have an address associated with your business. *If you’re virtual, I suggest getting a UPS box in your area and using that.
- Post regularly on your Facebook page and provide good, quality content.
Have you explored Facebook’s new local search, yet? What do you think of it? Will it unseat Yelp and the other local search providers?
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- WordPress For SEO — A Good First Step To Getting Found, But Not Cure All For SEO Woes - February 16, 2019
- Are brands behind the times when it comes to gender stereotypes in ads? – Marketing Land - January 31, 2019
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019