This is the Daily Link Report for September 10th
Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section below
- TweetMixx: A Better Way to Track Twitter Trends and Topics – New web service TweetMixx is a bit like TweetMeme (Tweetmeme) meets saved Twitter searches meets a web-based Twitter client. It allows you to follow your favorite topics, not just people, and attempts to help cull the best tweets from people you don’t and may not even want to follow.
- Facebook Now Lets You Fax Your Photos. I Have No Idea Why Anyone Would Want To Do This – Now this is the dumbest feature I've ever seen.
- Facebook Open Sources FriendFeed’s Real-Time Tech – With Tornado Friendfeed and Facebook appear to have decided to keep Friendfeed alive! w00t
- Gmail Lets You Check Your Google Voice Messages – You can now listen to your Google Voice messages in Gmail! A much needed addition to Labs
- Obama Health Care Speech: What Did Twitter Think? – The Twitterverse was opinionated like usual. Very interesting graph.
- Tornado Web Server Documentation – This is a link to the Documentation for the Tornado (off shoot of Friendfeed). Very exciting.
- The technology behind Tornado, FriendFeed’s web server – Bret Taylor’s blog – Today, we are open sourcing the non-blocking web server and the tools that power FriendFeed under the name Tornado Web Server. We are really excited to open source this project as a part of Facebook's open source initiative, and we hope it will be useful to others building real-time web services. Check out the announcement on the Facebook Developer Blog. You can download Tornado at tornadoweb.org.
- Facebook Tornado: FriendFeed’s Real-Time Web Framework Goes Open Source – It appears that Facebook is doing what many of us Social Media freaks had hoped. They are turning their recently acquired Friendfeed into a opensource platform called Tornado.
- Facebook @Mentions: Five Ways They Could Impact Twitter – Facebook just sent shockwaves through the social web with its announcement that they will be supporting @mentions in status updates. The feature, which Facebook calls tagging, allows you to not only reference friends, but groups, pages, and events.
- BREAKING: Facebook Lite Is Live – Now the testing seems to be done. Facebook Lite has launched
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019
- Google Reviews Study: How Many Reviews Do Businesses Need? - December 28, 2018
- The Importance Of A Good Solid Contract - December 19, 2018