This is the Daily Link Report for August 20th
Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section below
- The Top Twitter Client Is Still the Web – Despite what many of us Twitter-holics think most people still use the Web interface for Twitter more than any other means of access. Why? I don't know.
- 15 savage mistakes commonly made by PR folks | Blog | Econsultancy – In PR? Don't make these 15 savage mistakes.
- Measuring Success — How Deep Do You Go? – Search Engine Watch (SEW) –
- How to Use Twitter in Your Web 2.0 Marketing Strategy – The economy has significantly changed customer and vendor behavior. Spending marketing dollars in the wrong place limits the information available to your prospective customers. Making sure you are connecting well with your customers is the ROI that will truly fuel your company's growth. Before you allocate your reduced marketing budget, make sure you are connecting with your prospective customers online. Here, Knowledge Center contributor Mary Van Zandt explains how to use online communities and social media sites such as Twitter to maximize your company's marketing strategy.
- Low-Hanging Fruit for Content Promotion & Links – Search Engine Watch (SEW) – Are you frustrated that your remarkable content (a.k.a. link bait) isn't acquiring high-quality links? The problem might be that your focus is too broad and competitive. These days, it's easier to focus on minor topics to obtain high-quality links.
- Palm’s Colligan Said to Reject Jobs’s Offer to Stop Recruiting – Bloomberg.com – Former Palm Inc. Chief Executive Officer Ed Colligan rejected a proposal from Apple Inc.’s Steve Jobs to refrain from hiring each other’s employees two years ago, calling it wrong and “likely illegal,” according to their communications.
- The Bridge Between “Evolve” or “Die” | Altitude Branding | Brand Elevation through Social Media –
- URL Shortener for PHP & MySQL | Z.ips.ME – Z.ips.ME is a free program that allows you to use your website as your very own URL shortening service.
- You Don’t Need Bit.ly, Tr.im & Co.: Just Host Your Own URL Shortener – All the recent talk about the future of tr.im and giving up control over our links on Twitter to third parties made us look into alternative solutions for shortening our links over the last few weeks. While there aren't too many alternatives to using hosted services for short links, we did come across two self-hosted solutions that you can install on your own hosting account: z.ips.me and Shorty. Both have some pros and cons, but they do give you total control over your short links.
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.