This is the Link Report for August 12th through August 13th:
Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section below
- Facebook Grew Twice As Fast As Twitter In July – Facebook not only bought Friendfeed this month they grew twice as fast as twitter in July. Making them the clear dominant market leader.
- YouTube Launches Its Redesign – Now that redesign is going live for all users. If you take a look at YouTube (YouTube).com, you will see the new interface for yourself. YouTube has also blogged about the redesign, explaining some of the new features and a few that were removed. Here’s the text and a screenshot:
- The Internet Marketing Driver: Your Google Local Business Center Dashboard, Analyzing and Refining Your Google Maps Listing Based on Analytics – Another great post by SEO Guru Glenn Gabe about local search and local business center in Google
- Official Google Reader Blog: A flurry of features for feed readers – Google Does it again
- Google Caffeine FAQ: Your Questions Answered – PC World – Q&A about the Google update
- Technology Review: Blogs: TR Editors’ blog: Caffeine Injection Gives Google Search a Boost – For instance, Caffeine is undoubtedly faster than the current Google Search, often coming back with results in about half the time. It also appears to crawl many more pages–sometimes twice as many for a particular keyword. And according to some pundits, Caffeine's results suggest that it also uses a more complex combination of keywords to rank pages.
- Facebook Goes Lite and Tests Twitter-Like Version of Itself – Let the gloves come off. Facebook bought FriendFeed the other day and not they are going straight for their competition, namely Twitter. Will it work?
- Twitter Not Suing Developer, But Spam Apps Should Watch Out – Developer of app MyTwitterButler an auto following Twitter app claimed that he was being sued by Twitter. Twitter denies this.
- Federal judge in Tyler says Microsoft can’t sell Word | TechBlog | Chron.com – Houston Chronicle – What a shock, MIcrosoft infringed on a patent. Judge orders halt to sales of Microsoft Word.
- Pixorial: Bringing Sexy Back to Online Video Editing? – Put together by former executives from Netscape and Oracle, Pixorial has been in private beta since January of this year. Its mission is to “help people do more with video memories than ever before,” and to that end offers an interesting mix of digital and analog video services.
Share Your Thoughts
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Our Top 10 Favorite WordPress Plugins - February 12, 2018
- Business Networking Tips Podcast Episode 2 – Business Networking Halloween Horror Stories - November 3, 2017
- Business Networking Tips Podcast – Episode 0 – The Beta - October 6, 2017