- You can't ignore Twitter's explosive growth — up 700 percent worldwide from last year. Just last week, comScore posted these growth statistics and outlined the demographic profile of Twitter users. The conversation is only going to get bigger. The more you know how to use this tool, the more effective you'll become.
- One of the biggest questions marketers and business owners have about social media use is, "How do I measure its effectiveness?" AdAge looks at a pretty interesting study that shows ROI may be measurable.
- Theres an old media adage that once something hits the cover of Time magazine its already peaked. Well Twitter hasnt made it there yet but it is in a grandparent friendly non-techie article in the New York Times today patiently explaining how it works for the uninitiated. Theres even the requisite Onion like quotable section:
- "Amazon: the Internet company that doesn't understand the Internet" is my favorite of thousands of tweets on the subject of Amazon's sudden censorship of gay- or lesbian-themed books. The episode proved that even a well-liked, household-name company can pay a high price for not monitoring its brand in social media
- If you remember only one thing from this post, please do NOT give your limited funds to someone who calls himself a social media expert unless you do some heavy-duty research (thats not to say experts dont exist because there are many well qualified individuals, but with online marketing its buyer beware).
- In this new age of social media marketing and user generated content, marketers are learning first hand the impact of directory sites that allow visitors to rate and review the products, service and services of companies at the local level.
- Are you still struggling with how to begin your social media campaign?
- Here's the thing: For both large and small businesses, effective social media measurement starts with well-defined goals and ends with analyzing the impact of your efforts. That's it, that's the trick!
- An overwhelming majority (88%) of marketers in a recent survey say they are now using some form of social media to market their business, though 72% of those using it say they have only been at it a few months or less, according to a social media study by Michael Stelzner, sponsored by the upcoming Social Media Success Summit 2009 (via MarketingCharts).
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019
- Google Reviews Study: How Many Reviews Do Businesses Need? - December 28, 2018
- The Importance Of A Good Solid Contract - December 19, 2018