- Twitter finally has a business model! Premium Accounts! this sounds like a hoax article. but intersting business model
- twitter philly tweeple
- The immediate differences show in the way the base UI is handled. Twhirl (as shown here in figure 1 for version 0.8.3 ) goes for the sidebar look and feel. Tall and thin. You can move it where you wish and still have other applications right next to it. You can easily drag the length, but the width is fixed. Twhirl wins you over with subtle colors for general postings, replies and direct messages of those you follow. Indicators (stars) for new messages make it easy to catch up while you are away. Multiple views (for lack of a better word) are available for each type of communication.
- When creating a pay-per-click ad (PPC) ad, it is easy to overlook the importance of the display URL. However, search engine marketers have only a limited number of lines of text to work with and should take maximum advantage of each of them. This article summarizes the results of an eye tracking study and reviews the findings of two other tests of display URLs. The eye tracking study demonstrated that the display URL in PPC ads captures a significant portion of the gaze time allocated to the ads. The results of the other two tests showed that display URLs can have a meaningful impact upon click-thru rates.
- While Twitter offers a few themes for your background and color them, if youre an active twitter user youre more likely to notice and appreciate a unique theme that helps you see the personality of another twitterer. Making your twitter presence a bit more colorful isnt very hard and here are few suggestions you might want to consider for choosing a great color theme for your twitter profile:
- My email is full of links: my friends send around YouTube videos to try and get a laugh, we share Picasa and Flickr albums with photos from last weekend's camping trip, and we email around the Yelp reviews of restaurants we're considering going to next Friday night.
- The other day, I made a mistake. I sent 17,600 (or so) people an email that was actually intended for a select 200 people. It was a mechanized delivery process, and it just went to the wrong list. I started getting messages back almost immediately by people who didnt much appreciate what felt very much like spam.
- "Gmail currently automatically detects package tracking information, addresses, and event information and shows quick links to delivery status, maps and directions, and Google Calendar," explains Google software Engineer Vishal Kasera. "So why couldn't Gmail automatically detect links in emails and show videos, photos, and ratings right inside these messages as well?"
- Awareness, and its close cousin attention, are scarce commodities in our fast-paced world. We're constantly bombarded by information and strong sensory impressions. Unceasing advertisements haunt us from our first waking moments to our exhausted slumber at the end of the day.
- Some may frown on this topic being brought up right now. But some businesses use prosperous times to build up their cash reserves (war chest) to acquire other businesses during down times. They could have invested the funds during the good times into aggressively expanding their business and probably straddling their companies in debt as so many did. One has to admire such long-term strategic thinking and fortitude.
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019
- Google Reviews Study: How Many Reviews Do Businesses Need? - December 28, 2018
- The Importance Of A Good Solid Contract - December 19, 2018