This is the Link Report for August 26th through August 27th:
Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comment section below
To see all of our links please visit our Delicious page at Delicious.com/goldsteinmedia
- Phone Call Tracking in Google Analytics – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – UK Internet marketing company ClickThrough Marketing today introduced a module add-on for Google Analytics that allows advertisers to track phone call conversions from any source/advertising channel.
- Ready for a Mobile (Advertising) Storm? – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – A report from Juniper Research has found that growing consumer adoption of mobile Internet services and heightened brand engagement with mobile services will be reflected in a sharp increase in expenditure on mobile Internet advertising. How much of an increase? According to the report, ad spend on the mobile Internet will reach $500 million globally in 2009 and rise to nearly $2 billion per year by 2014.
- Essential WordPress Plugin: Add To Facebook – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – Plenty of plugins are out there to help readers share your blog content, but perhaps the new Add To Facebook plugin for WordPress is the most significant. For starters, consider Facebook's more than 250 million users.
The plugin is extremely easy to add if you are using one of the latest versions of WordPress. Simply download the zip file and upload it through your WordPress administration panel. You can then choose your settings for the plugin under your WordPress "Settings" section – either a text-only link or a small image and text link, and whether to add the link to every post.
- Snow Leopard review – A very thorough review of Apple's new Snow Leopard OS at Engadet
- EASTER EGG: Yelp Is the iPhone’s First Augmented Reality App – This makes your iPhone just that much more cooler and helpful. Augmented reality uses your iPhone’s camera, GPS, and compass to show virtual items in the real world. Put your camera in front of a restaurant and it will come up with info, or use it to find nearby Twitter users
- Audi Taps its Facebook Fans to Help Design Car of the Future – The German luxury car maker is taking a stab at using social media to create buzz about the company, the brand and their cars. Very clever
- New Facebook Privacy Policies Will Have A Significant Impact On Platform Applications – As a result of a new privacy agreement with Canada, Facebook has issued statements suggesting that there could be major platform changes ahead for developers.
- New Attack Cracks Common Wi-Fi Encryption in a Minute by PC World: Yahoo! Tech – Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute. (That's great! <insert sarcasm>)
- Social Networks: Boomers Feel Left Out – Even though baby boomers make up more than one quarter of all US Internet users, and even though the majority of this group spends over five hour per week online, a new survey by Burst Media found that only 14% of boomers feel that the content on the Internet is focused on people their age.
- 5 Social Media Lessons Learned from Whole Foods – Whole Foods is into using Social Media. The best way to improve your own company's use of social media is to learn from others. Check out the case study on Mashable.