Several elements make up viral marketing. Not all of them need to be active in a strategy for it to be effective, but the more of them the better the results.
Six main fundamental rules that should be followed to helpy our viral campaign successful:
- make sure there is an effortless transfer to others
- give away products or services of value
- make sure it can easily scale from small to large
- take advantage of basic human behaviors and motivations
- make good use of your existing communication networks (linkedin, face-to-face networking, social media, etc.)
- take advantage of what’s already out there and other people’s resources
Their are 7 key secrets to any viral marketing initiative:
- Get the headline right. Make the headline strong by putting in numbers and showing value to the reader.
- Take advantage of buzz-worthy topics. Align your campaign to what is currently a hot topic being talked about.
- Try and cram as much value you can into a small package. The more value that the reader/viewer can find in your campaign the more likely they are to pass it along and so on. More Value in One Place = More Impact.
- Don’t event the rules as you go. Learn from what already works and use a proven formula.
- Keep your viral content to the point and concise. Outline the overall value, otherwise you run the risk of having the viewer/reader moving on.
- Links, yes, putting links into your viral content will add value and additional depth. But make sure the links are carefully chosen.
- Finally YOU can start the chain reaction and get the word-of-mouth off the ground.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019
- Google Reviews Study: How Many Reviews Do Businesses Need? - December 28, 2018
- The Importance Of A Good Solid Contract - December 19, 2018