With the new year upon us, it’s a good time to reevaluate how you’re doing digital marketing.
As traditional marketing/advertising is getting harder to quantify and more companies are turning to digital marketing to get in front of their target markets, as a firm you need to be there to share your knowledge and expertise to generate new business.
With this in mind, a lot has changed in the landscape of digital marketing:
- Facebook proper is becoming less important as they prioritize companies who are paying for advertising over organic (free) natural reach.
- Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, is becoming a place to sell to consumers. Humans are visual creatures, the Instagram platform lends well to this. Expect to see sales to increase if you are targeting the B2C market.
- LinkedIn, once bastion for recruiters, has turned into a great place to post content and engage with your colleagues and find new clients.
- Email Marketing is still an important medium. People are still using email and getting in front of them in their inbox with good quality content is still one of the best ways to increase reach and revenue.
With these changes in digital marketing, there is an overall theme… content. The more content you make and share the more top of mind you will be with your target audience.
Content creation can be a daunting task, but with the right tools you can crack the code and capitalize on this medium.
Here are some tips you can use to make sure your content and influence goes farther:
- Get a service like Buffer or Hootsuite and schedule out your posts to go out on regular intervals.
- Commit to a reasonable schedule to blog about your experiences in your industry and give tips and tricks away.
- Setup a content calendar to keep track of what you’re sharing.
- Find interesting articles from trusted sources and share them to your social networking profiles.
So with all this information, how are you going to make 2020 and the rest of the decade rock for your business? Post your thoughts in the comments below.