- More than half of all search queries are at least three words long, and more than a third are four words or longer. Thats according to Hitwise data (PDF) released today:
- Earlier today I received a tweet in my timeline from Adrian Chan who posed an interesting thought. If Twitter went the way of Google and decided to find a way to optimize tweets so that they could be found easier, how would we SEO them?
Well I think thats a wrong way for Twitter to go – and not just Twitter but everything relating to social media. There are many ways to optimize your site and web presence, but for social media, its not all about promotion. Rather, its about authenticity and conversation. The invention of this web 2.0 phenomenon is all about getting companies and individuals to open up and share whats going on in the world. Its user-generated content raw and uncensored. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in this social part of the World Wide Web and now for us to sanitize it through search engine optimization, that would defeat the whole purpose of making things well social.
- I realize this column's title is a bit dated on February 20, but it's most appropriate to describe the process of getting someone to link to your site. If you're going to ask someone to be your Valentine, you have to be sweet. Chances are you'll get a lot of Valentines simply by asking. But if you act strange, or go somewhere that you don't really belong and start asking for Valentines, all you'll get are weird looks.
- Social media marketing (SMM) can be a great arrow in your quiver of marketing tools. To leverage it correctly, you must consider first what you want to accomplish. How will it fit in with, or complement your overall marketing plan?
Your SMM efforts will be more productive if you take time developing a plan or strategy. Lee Odden has a nice article about social media marketing strategy where he shares some ideas that could be useful.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019
- Google Reviews Study: How Many Reviews Do Businesses Need? - December 28, 2018
- The Importance Of A Good Solid Contract - December 19, 2018