WordPress powers 30% of sites on the Web. With this much market share there are quite a bit of plugins to enhance your WordPress experience. Below are 15 of our favorites. Some are paid-to-use, some are free and pay for more features, and others are completely free. All are worth it.
- Ewww.io Image Optimizer (Paid) (http://ewww.io/)
This is a great plugin for optimizing your images for optimal performance in bulk.
- All In One WordPress Migration (https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration)
Backup Buddy is great, but sometimes on less powered servers, you need something more flexible. AIOWPM does the trick.
- Feedzy RSS Feeds (https://wordpress.org/plugins/feedzy-rss-feeds/)
A great plugin for displaying RSS feeds from different sources on your site.
- Divi Booster (Paid) (https://divibooster.com/divi-booster-the-easy-way-to-customize-divi/)
Use Divi? Wish there was a few more features, or an easier way to customize the framework? Look no further than Divi Booster. It’s worth every penny.
- Wordfence Security (https://www.wordfence.com/)
The big dog in keeping your site secure. Track who’s hitting your site in real-time and lock down the intruders. There is so much to this plugin, it’s insane.
- Schema Creator by Raven (https://wordpress.org/plugins/schema-creator/)
With Google and other search engines preferring more data about your site. Using this plugin allows you to embed all kinds of useful data into your pages and posts.
- WP External Links (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-external-links/)
Nothing’s worse than having an external link not open another window or browser tab. This plugin makes sure that doesn’t happen.
- Email Encoder Bundle (https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-encoder-bundle/)
Most people want to share their email on their sites, but spammers scrape them and spam you. This plugin encodes your email address links.
- All In One WP Security & Firewall (https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/)
Like WordFence, but a bit less bulky on the server, this plugin gives you tons of security features to make sure your site stays secure.
- Gravity Forms (PAID) (http://www.gravityforms.com/)
One of the best form plugins on the market. Hands down.
- GDPress Tools Pro (PAID) (http://www.dev4press.com/plugins/gd-press-tools/)
Lots of useful and neat admin tools. Many you never knew you needed.
- Jetpack by WordPress (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jetpack/)
Adds additional features to your WordPress site from the makers of WordPress, Automattic.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/)
Hands down the best SEO plugin on the market. The free version is fantastic, the pro version is even better.
- W3 Total Cache (sometime has issues with Backup Buddy) (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/)
A complex plugin, but it speeds up your site and makes it blazing fast. Make use you read the documentation.
- miniOrange 2FA – (paid) (https://www.miniorange.com/2-factor-authentication-for-wordpress)
Every service is implementing two-factor authentication. Now you can have it on your site.
Do you have a favorite plugin? We want to know about it! Post it in the comments below!