I went to my first networking social happy hour in a long while. It wasn’t a dinner put on by Pavilion, it was just a happy hour put on my Greencastle Consulting at their offices in Malvern, PA. It felt good to get out and socialize away from the computer. Their offices have a great bar area that is fully stocked with all kinds of libations and food. It’s quite impressive.
What this made me realize is that I’m really rusty with the whole networking. I do one-on-ones all the time on Zoom and what not, but networking with a crowd is completely different. I had to find my business cards and casually insert myself into conversations without being a jerk. It was a mind-tiring exercise even for this extrovert.
As the world moved to a Covid-present existence, we’re going to have to emerge from our bunkers and venture out again to meet people face-to-face. Sometimes even in groups.
My goodness the event was tiring. But well worth it.
Have you been venturing out more? Hit reply and let me know all about it.
- What creators should know about Google’s helpful content update
This update is going to put “writing for SEO” to bed finally. Google is going to focus on ranking relevant content, written for the visitors higher than content written only for the search engines. They will also subsequently lower bad content.
- LinkedIn Tests New ‘Discover’ Feed, New Groups Elements in Order to Enhance Engagement
These look like some neat features. I’m looking forward to playing around with them.
- TikTok Launches New Shopping Ads as it Continues to Push Ahead with its eCommerce Integrations
New stuff coming from the world of TikTok. With these new ads, relevant shopping ads will start showing up. This will probably get me to busy stuff that I didn’t know I needed. GREAT! 😒
- Some predictions from Wil Reynolds of Seer Interactive about the new helpful content update that Google is rolling out
One of the great SEOs out there, Wil Reynolds breaks down his predictions on this new Google Update
- Shopify adds collaboration tool to connect brands with content creators
This looks neat and promising. A new way to connect with influencers through the ecommerce platform you’re already using.
- A 3-phased approach to proactive online reputation management
These are kind of obvious, at least in my opinion, but worth reviewing.
- What is helpful content, according to Google
Yet another think piece on how Google might define “Helpful Content.”
- Twitter Will Soon Incorporate Podcast Access into its Audio Tab
I remember when podcasting was small and intimate. Now even Twitter is getting into the action. I have to admit I’m kind of excited to see what they come up with.
Latest From Entrepreneur’s Enigma
Until next week, stay curious!