These are my Delicious links for March 13th through March 16th:
- WeFollow: A User Powered Twitter Directory –
- Modules | Philadelphia Networking Group – Information & Events –
- Event – Drupal Module Reviews and Ratings –
- How to Find Twitter Twits to Retweet Your Tweet! – A popular topic at the moment is the increasing importance of Twitter as a marketing and traffic generation tool. In the UK Twitter has been growing rapidly during the last 12 months and many people are now realising that micro-blogging is quickly becoming a very useful social media marketing tactic.
- Hyperlinks Subvert Hierarchy : SEO Book.com –
- Is Your PC Part of a Botnet? – ReadWriteWeb – Being part of a botnet is no fun. Your computer becomes your worst enemy, watching everything you do, collecting all of your secrets, and then delivering all that data to the bot-herder; the person who originated the network. But what does it really mean to be part of a botnet, and is there anything that can you do about it?
- 10 Ways to Automatically & Manually Backup MySQL Database | Noupe – MySQL is one of the most popular open source database management system for the development of interactive Websites.
- 27 Things To Do Before a Conference | chrisbrogan.com – If you’re attending events over the next several months, you might give some thought to a quick checklist that might help you better accomplish your goals. As I’m not entirely sure of your goals, I’ll list a bunch of ideas, and you can just narrow it down to what you think works best for you. Feel free to add more ideas to the comments section.
- Random Fact Generator » –
- If President Obama Twittered… – The Next Web – so true
- FriendFeed launches AIR-powered desktop notifier | Webware – CNET – FriendFeed has a new way for users to keep track of conversations in real time, and it may be the first thing the company has done that I just plain don't like. It runs in Adobe AIR and pops up with small notifications every time there's activity on your home feed or a selected friends list. If you can catch the notification window in time, it even lets you post a response without having to fire up your browser.
- Google Earth updates maps of Mars | Webware – CNET – Google announced Friday a major update to show more details of Mars both in its history and the present day. Originally the 3D maps of Mars were available with the release of Google Earth 5.0, just a little more than a month ago. The update shows how our knowledge of Mars, and our study of astronomy, has evolved over time.
- RideCharge: Tip a cabbie from your phone | Webware – CNET – Not everyone is as lucky as we are to work adjacent to a hotel with a fresh supply of taxicabs pulling up to its curb. When you're stuck without a ride, cab-calling applications can make ordering a taxi through local companies a surer, safer thing than throwing yourself in the middle of a darkened street and flailing your arms wildly.
- Hitwise: Facebook makes gains in U.S. | Webware – CNET – Facebook users just don't seem to be as young as they used to be. And they're going to the social-networking site a lot more often.
A new report from traffic tracker Hitwise shows that U.S. visits to Facebook grew 149 percent in February compared with the same month a year earlier. That pushed Facebook's market share among folks in the United States visiting social-networking Web sites to 36 percent last month, versus 14 percent in February 2008.
Facebook stayed in second place, but it's gaining ground against the No. 1 site. In February, MySpace accounted for 52 percent of U.S. visits to social-networking sites, but that's down 28 percent from its year-earlier market share of 73 percent.
- "Twitterview" Scheduled Between McCain, Stephanopoulos | WebProNews – The average person, if asked to visualize George Stephanopoulos interviewing John McCain, would probably imagine both men in a television studio, wearing suits. But this Tuesday, it seems that McCain and Stephanopoulos will instead be hunched over keyboards and possibly dressed in their jammies.
Stephanopoulos and McCain have announced that they'll be holding a "Twitterview." Anyone who's interested can send discussion ideas to the television reporter's Twitter account, and then, starting at noon on the 17th, Stephanopoulos will pose questions to McCain 140 characters at a time. McCain should answer in the same fashion (although he may be able to tweet more than once per exchange).
- More to Real-Time Search Than Twitter | WebProNews – Google's Seattle site director Brian Bershad told TechFlash.com, "There's relatively little data in Twitter," Bershad said. "I think if you could take a Twitter-like service and combine it with a lot of other data sources about the users, you might be able to come up with something more interesting."
- Twitter’s Traffic Growth & The Rise Of Social Search – There’s a lot of stats and analysis today about Twitter’s traffic, how it compares to other social search sites, and who’s benefiting from all the traffic Twitter can send. It seems no one argues that Twitter is on the rise, but just how high it’s risen is still up for debate.
- How to Follow A LOT of People on Twitter and Still be Engaging using TweetDeck – One of the most common questions that I’m asked by fellow Twitter users is how I manage the large number of people that I follow and am followed by on Twitter.
- MarkMonitor – Home –
- Act Like A Cybersquatter To Capture Your Long-Tail Brand Traffic! – If your company has a major brand, domainers who exploit cybersquatting have likely already targeted your business. Their practices are often looked down upon, but if their dark powers weren’t effective, they wouldn’t make money. Still, you can learn the same black magic and turn it into good and profit for your company. In this down economy, don’t ignore the shady domainers—instead, strike back by reducing what they’re costing you and increasing your profits! Read on and I’ll explain how.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- Mondays As An Entrepreneur - May 14, 2018
- Business Growing and All That Goes With That. - March 18, 2018
- What to look for in a Website Design and Development Firm - March 13, 2018