These are my links for July 2nd through July 7th:
- In defense of web developers – Jeffrey Zeldman Presents The Daily Report – xHTML isn't bad, but some are trashing the standards-driven coding language because there is a new sheriff in town. Zeldman discusses the debate. Great comments too!
- YouTube To Broadly Release Call-To-Action Overlays, Allow Linking Off-Site – Tomorrow, YouTube is going to release a very important addition to its suite of advertising products, and it has the potential to have a huge impact for politicians, brands, and charities alike. The funny thing is, you probably thought it was already out there.
- FriendFeed Makes Its Search Results Real-Time Too – Ever since its redesign a few months ago, FriendFeed has been one of the standard-bearers of the real-time web. That’s because while a lot of sites claim to be real-time, FriendFeed is one of the few that actually updates continuously as data comes in. Starting today, any search you do will also get that same real-time treatment.
- Change Feedburner Email Subject Lines – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – That changes today as some new capabilities have been brought to the Email Branding section of FeedBurner's Email Subscriptions feature.
- SEO Ultimate for WordPress (Plugin) – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – If there's one complaint about WordPress, it's the strictness of the platform when it comes to SEO. Sure, you can do quite a bit with the software right out of the box, but there's a lot more that 'could' be done. Fortunately, plugins such as the All-in-One SEO Pack have helped to fill the void, but others are fast entering the marketing including newly released SEO Ultimate), an "all-in-one" WP Plugin that is really very powerful.
- Things You Need to Know About Twitter Security | WebProNews – There has been more than one story in the news recently about Twitter accounts being hijacked. The most recent examples of note include the accounts of Britney Spears and famed blogger/entrepreneur Guy Kawasaki. These issues have highlighted some potential dangers of using the service, or really social networks in general.
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.