These are my links for July 2nd through July 5th:
- YouTube To Broadly Release Call-To-Action Overlays, Allow Linking Off-Site – Tomorrow, YouTube is going to release a very important addition to its suite of advertising products, and it has the potential to have a huge impact for politicians, brands, and charities alike. The funny thing is, you probably thought it was already out there.
- FriendFeed Makes Its Search Results Real-Time Too – Ever since its redesign a few months ago, FriendFeed has been one of the standard-bearers of the real-time web. That’s because while a lot of sites claim to be real-time, FriendFeed is one of the few that actually updates continuously as data comes in. Starting today, any search you do will also get that same real-time treatment.
- Change Feedburner Email Subject Lines – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – That changes today as some new capabilities have been brought to the Email Branding section of FeedBurner's Email Subscriptions feature.
- SEO Ultimate for WordPress (Plugin) – Website Magazine – Website Magazine – If there's one complaint about WordPress, it's the strictness of the platform when it comes to SEO. Sure, you can do quite a bit with the software right out of the box, but there's a lot more that 'could' be done. Fortunately, plugins such as the All-in-One SEO Pack have helped to fill the void, but others are fast entering the marketing including newly released SEO Ultimate), an "all-in-one" WP Plugin that is really very powerful.
- Things You Need to Know About Twitter Security | WebProNews – There has been more than one story in the news recently about Twitter accounts being hijacked. The most recent examples of note include the accounts of Britney Spears and famed blogger/entrepreneur Guy Kawasaki. These issues have highlighted some potential dangers of using the service, or really social networks in general.