These are my links for December 29th:
- 8 Things Every Geek Needs to Do Before 2010 – These tasks comprise a quick to-do list that will leave you feeling competent and prepared for the decade that approaches. Also, you can play the condescension chip and start chiding friends who haven't checked off these items yet.
- Facebook Redesigns Help Center, Gives Unique URLs to Help Topics – Facebook yesterday announced they’ve redesigned their help center, making it more accessible and easier to use.
- Best Job Application Ever: “Twitter Genius” – With its 140 character limit, Twitter is all about brevity. But if you think the same shouldn’t apply for a job application, well then, “you’re done.”
- Conservative Link Shortener GOP.am Aims to Prank the Pranksters | Epicenter | Wired.com – Pranksters riddled a new Republican-branded URL-shortening service this week with unwelcome links juxtaposing the GOP brand with ironic web pages, such as one featuring a sex toy in the likeness of Barack Obama. The pranks forced the party’s web consultant, Political Media, to block certain URLs manually and work on implementing an automatic filtering system.
- Wurld Map: A Geopolitical Guide to Short-URL Services | Epicenter | Wired.com – Domain hacks aren’t exactly new, but with a bumper crop of URL shortening services doing business under two-letter country domains these days, we wanted to know: Where exactly is that? And is the government over there any good?
The following two tabs change content below.
Seth Goldstein is the Principal Creative Director at Goldstein Media LLC. He has been in the Web design and Internet marketing business for more than 10 years. A self-proclaimed technologist, Seth is addicted to all types of technology. He loves to help businesses of all sizes figure out the best way to use the Internet to grow their business.
Latest posts by Seth Goldstein (see all)
- WordPress For SEO — A Good First Step To Getting Found, But Not Cure All For SEO Woes - February 16, 2019
- Are brands behind the times when it comes to gender stereotypes in ads? – Marketing Land - January 31, 2019
- Goldstein Media Presents Website Help Office Hours @ Stacks Co. Workspace - January 15, 2019